10 tips for stress free school mornings
Everybody’s busy this time of year, so I’ll keep this one short and sweet…
It’s almost time for the kids to go back to school. Indeed, some schools have already started. As everyone adjusts back into the school routine, I thought I’d share some quick tips to make the mornings go a little more smoothly…
1. Have a routine. Most kids thrive when they know what to expect and what is expected of them.
2. Get organized. It’s much easier to find things if they have a spot. Put them there, find them there.
3. Check the weather forecast and pick out clothes before going to bed.
4. Pack backpack before going to bed. Save room to add the lunchbox in the morning.
5. Plan meals ahead of time. Make a weekly menu so you’re not asking “What do you want for breakfast, or lunch, today?”
6. Complete homework the day it is given. Trying to do homework in the morning can be chaotic.
7. Get plenty of rest. The proper amount of sleep helps reduce stress.
8. Try to keep morning conversation pleasant. The morning sets the tone for the whole day.
9. Be patient, be flexible, be available.
10. Tell your kids you love them, every day, as you say goodbye. They may know it, but it’s important that they hear it.
Side note: This actually posted in our monthly eZine, but I think the blog and the eZine have different audiences. Typically they have different information. So, if you’d like to sign up for the NewDirection Life Coaching monthly eZine, simply click the link and look in the right side column of the webpage. It’s there!
Have a wonderful weekend!
*Pam Horton is a certified Stress Management Coach and Parenting Coach.*